Friday, March 09, 2007

Good Old Technology

Here's how things have progressed since my last meeting with the oncologist.

Oncologist calls on Tuesday morning
"so were you able to pick up the CD-ROM with the scan images and bring it down?"
FM - "er, no, was I supposed to? No one ever told me anything about this, I guess I can go now"
Oncologist: "OK - great, I need them by midmorning tomorrow so we can discuss them at tumor board"
Tuesday 11:30AM: FM calls regular OB office to ask who has a copy of these images and leave a message indicating that I need to pick up a CD
Tuesday 11:50: OB office calls saying that they called the University Hospital library and that they will mail me a copy ASAP. FM explaining that this copy needs to be at Stanford tomorrow morning so that this won't work.
Tuesday 11:55: FM leaving a message at the University Hospital library
Tuesday 12:10: University Hospital library calling, saying that they haven't mailed it and that they will call me when I can go pick it up, their CD burner is acting up and they can't get anything through
Tuesday 3:20: University Hospital library calls and says that CD is ready
Tuesday 3:45: FM picks up the CD
Tuesday 8:00: Colleague picks up CD at FM's place
Wednesday sometime in the morning. Colleague delivers CD at Oncologist #2's office...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home