Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Update from Oncologist #2

I have just received a call from oncologist #2 who pronounces my name with a perfect French accent - she then told me that she speaks fluent French and lived in France for over ten years...She has agreed to take me on as a patient (YEAH!!!). I need to drive to the other university hospital in town to get the scan results and drive them down to oncologist #2 office tomorrow morning (then drive back up for my appt with my regular OB late morning! Oh boy!)

The slides (eg, portions of my cervix) missed the last mail pick up on Friday so they should be arriving at oncologist #2 Cancer Center sometime today. They are needed for the tumor board meeting.

My new oncologist will speak to the fertility doc sometime today, but in answer to my question, she thinks that it will be safe to harvest some eggs prior to the surgery, so long as we don't miss a cycle as she cannot wait an extra month.

She also recommended that I took some time off if I could as I will need a lot of flexibility to go to appointments, ultrasounds, etc...over the next couple of weeks. I will be talking to my regular OB about that. I'd hate to take vacation days just for that! Sounds like my whale vacation! Not super relaxing!

Anyway, all in all, good news, I can harvest some eggs prior to the surgery (whatever that surgery is) and Oncologist #2 will take care of me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home