Saturday, June 30, 2007

Off Percocet

First off, it's the weekend. Not that it matters to me but it matters to a lot of people whom I deeply care about.

Next, I will try not to take any Percocet today. I took one last night to help me sleep but I will try to switch to Tylenol. The side effect of these little pain pills (constipation) is really not helping with my rectal fissure. I now have to choose between short but acute pain caused by the fissure and continuous but very bearable discomfort caused by the surgery. I choose to alleviate the former. Hopefully, this will also mean that I am finally awake (I slept some of yesterday and it took me about 45 minutes to read 3 pages of my book).
As I wrote in an email to a friend yesterday, I now feel like I am experiencing painful periods (I have never had painful periods before). Before, it felt like I was permanently in the final stages of labor (I have never been in labor).

It gets even better!!! I'll hang out at my favorite Tea Lounge for the afternoon. I will take my "Walk" from there. I know that I am supposed to be home bound for most of the time but I figured that the seats there are as comfortable as the ones in my appartment. And I am getting positively sick of my appartment.

I must not forget to say that Pumpkin is curled up on my lap, purring really loudly. Hershel is at my feet seemingly asleep.

******************

I am now officially off this thing which
- made my body feel like it was midnight at all times
- made my grammar in any language look similarly bad
- gave me a memory span equal to that of a goldfish
- prevented me from drinking wine

That's my BIG news for today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home