Wednesday, March 14, 2007

At The Drugstore

OK - I have stocked up on drugs + syringes + needles + a "pen" + a syringe disposal box + pills + injectable drugs. My fridge is full. Let's hope that no police officer will decide to visit my appt over the next few weeks. They may think that I am opening some illicit business.

I will spend a few hours at the REI clinic on Monday. I need to show up at 10:00am for
- 1st injection
- ultrasound
- injection DIY tutorial
- blood tests
- session on pregnancy after a trachelectomy
- introduction to the "plan" or what will happen over the next few weeks
- tutorial on "how to select a Daddy"
+ one more test but I forgot what it was

My counselling session is on Tuesday

I also need to call in to schedule the surgery/next appt with oncologist.

I was given a direct line to the oncologist office, "back number" to the REI clinic, pager number for the pharmacy just in case I have questions about the ton of meds I just bought and pager number for my "nurse" at the REI clinic. She works mainly for this fertility doctor, Dr. W. so mostly with cancer patients.

So long!

2 Comments:

Blogger Death Spiral said...

Oh my God ! I can't believe the finance monkey is blogging again. Although it was a total accident that I went back to my original blog and when I was deleting the gazzillion spam comments, I clicked on the "Finance Monkey" the original inspiration link and soon I got into your marathon stories on how you are battling cancer (there is little else)

I guess you don't know me and why the hell I am called "Death Spiral" or maybe you do. I am kind of the "Blogging legacy" you left behind in INSEAD. Remember you said once "If I got to name my blog now, I would probably call it death spiral" and that is precisely what I did 2 years after you left INSEAD. Now my blog is called "life-spiral" though...I have graduated and work seems to suck.

I am impressed by how you have retained your sense of humor even amidst all the crazy things around you. You certainly were and are a role model for a lot of us (me, my alter-ego and me). Hang in there!

1:36 PM  
Blogger Finance Monkey said...

Thank you!!! Your comment and ongoing support definitely keeps me strong!

10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home