Friday, April 13, 2007

Visual Aid - Giving The Enemy A Face

in English
http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:M%C3%BCllerian_adenosarcoma_of_the_uterus.jpg

and in Spanish (an even bigger one!)
http://www.zambon.es/areasterapeuticas/03mujer/atlas/fichas/1023.htm

It actually looks really pretty, just like a butterfly!

And a live trachelectomy (GROSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) - You have been warned...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVsczkyLdOA

And some info about Kitty Grass. No, this is not about my new joint venture.
I just got the cats some kitty grass. They love it and it works beautifully as a distraction from the flowers. I like green solutions a lot :)

I had to ask for some assistance since my oncologist didn't want to believe that my cats would be smart enough to ask for help if things went wrong. I got her to agree that they could be trained to dial 911 but she remained doubtful about their ability to communicate effectively what the problem might be. Here's a copy of the e-mail. And many many thanks to those who have already volunteered.

"Brave Alien Fighters,

I have just booked a relaxing few days at the 4 * lodging at Hospital Beach. I will continue my vacation with 3 weeks of intensive bed meditation training, taught by Hershel and Pumpkin. Around this time of deep soul searching, I may need a little help with the mundane earthly chores such as driving and cooking. Here is a copy of the program I have received from the tour operator.

checking into Hospital Beach Hotel. I am looking for a Chauffeur to drive me to the hotel...I am told that they will try to schedule me as the first case of the day so this could be something applicable only to early risers.
During that time, Hershel and Pumpkin would require a one-time/day Purina calories booster in preparation for the bed meditation training, as well as a little scooping of their royal quarters. Best delivered by a local neighbor.

3 days later: looking for a Chauffeur to drive me back to the bed meditation facilities and complete the one-time/day Purina Calories Booster for the bed meditation training feline coaches.

Therapeutic bed meditation courses taught by cats are in the final stages of approval with the FDA. As a result, such courses still require human supervision in the first few days of their development. This could be broken into
Daily
- Morning attendance (work from home type...) - croissants/coffee can be provided
- Afternoon attendance (work from home type...) - lunch and afternoon tea can be provided
- Evening attendance (cool DVD on the Wall can be offered) - wine and dinner can be provided
- Night attendance (very entertaining with cat chasing) - herbal tea. pillow and heating can be provided

Nursing degree not required. The cats are very experienced.

Volunteers can apply via e-mail, responding to this message with their preferred choice. Their name will be entered in a special draw to win a "Day Sail" on the most uncomfortable 27-footer you have seen. The cats will get in touch with them about next steps.

Thank you!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home