Sunday, April 08, 2007

How Can I Break The News To My Mom?

Just spent a fabulous afternoon with a wonderful friend of mine. He's the kind of person I feel I can talk to about anything. He's also the best cook I have come across :) What makes this chat interesting is that we talked about how I could break the news to my mother. Damien suggested a letter. Apparently this is what he used once to share difficult news with his own parents. I was worried that it might be too impersonal, distant. Apparently, his parents didn't take it bad, they had time to think about the issue and they were more prepared and less distressed when he subsequently called them on the phone.

I was wondering what you guys thought about that? (I never send letters to my mom!).

Also - I love it when you comment on the blog. Why?
a) shared burden is halved burden and knowing that you are reading keeps me strong
b) comments are better than email as everyone can build on them
c) they are funny
d) I won't be the only one doing all the writing
e) this blog is a monument of literature
f) in 20 years, we will read them all with wide eyes and a thoughtful look on our face wondering how we could possibly write something so bizarre

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are reading, and we care. I think a lot of us who came here from your previous blog have a hard time commenting because you are going through something we haven't experienced. I know I have a hard time saying something that I don't think comes across as trite compared to what is happening. But know we are rooting for you and are there for you.

I've never tried the letter idea, but I think it's a good one if you Mom is the type that needs some time to internalize things. I'd tell her that you wanted to write her first before calling so she had some time to take it in. Then she knows you're not trying to be distant.

11:47 AM  
Blogger Nathalie Criou Racing said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home