Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Work

I am more involved in work again - I actually get to do a lot of what I really like. We meet every week with my manager to agree on the priorities for that week and we cut it down to what's realistic for me. Feels just like my life. Identify the priorities and ONLY spend time on those.
It makes you feel incredibly clean...

Still, I find that the emotional up and downs make it hard to be a reliable worker. The news from the radiation oncologist and the East Coast oncologist made me want to spend more time researching, talking to more people. I now would like to forward their messages onto my oncologist to see what she has to say. So this was not planned and it will take time. And obviously, I am fine with this. Between my little work project and my life, I haven't spent much time revisiting the priorities. Certain things just seem futile in this light :)

My company has been SO supportive. No expectations put on me, no pressure, actively engaged in a dialogue with me to find out what would work best, a million offers of help from everyone in my team including those in overseas offices, people jumped in to take care of the most pressing issues. I feel so incredibly lucky!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home