Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Ongoing Fertility Treatment

I was instructed to call the REI clinic on Day 1 of my menstrual cycle which I did. That was Saturday. The nurse that I had on the phone told me that they have lost my charts.

Great. I am very confident that they can take care of my situation.

They have since found the charts again and can follow the doctor's plan.

**************

Mission Accomplished. Last Night. 11:20pm. Nothing to report. I can
- Put cartridge into pen
- Swab area to inject with alcohol
- Swab end of pen and end of cartridge with alcohol
- Remove outer cap of needle
- Check that pen is armed correctly (no space between lever and cartridge)
- Remove inner cap of needle
- Gently push until a drop of liquid drug can be seen at the tip of the needle
- Arm pen with appropriate quantity (450 in my case)
- Inject
- Count till 5 then remove needle
- Dispose of all needle-related material into special medical waste disposal

Easy peasy

***********************
Recently, a couple more strange manifestations:
- short term memory losses
- loooooooooooooooooong nights and naps during the day

I talked to the oncologist about this and she thinks that it's just emotional fatigue since I may have had a lot of my plate recently, loads to think about and high implication decisions. She said that she wouldn't worry about it right now. The memory losses just means that my brain is giving priority fo the most urgent high impact decision and the extra sleep is just that it is taking a lot of energy and it's a natural way for my body to get this energy back.

However, definitely causing other issues at work which I may want to address.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home