Saturday, March 31, 2007

Poultry

Hello Sci-Fi fans,

I feel like a chicken. There are people that count my eggs every day.
And I am not even a healthy organic chicken. I get a ton of hormones.

And I need to hire a secretary to manage my medical appointments. This is getting overwhelming.

After over a month of radio silence, thanks to "Tommy", I got a spontaneous call and two emails from the other doctor's office at the city hospital.
(Remember, after one week of daily calls with no response, I turned to the other local center) . Apparently they had some voicemail issues (ahem...).
In any case, I have an appt with that doctor at 1pm on Friday. Since it is such an unusual tumor, I figured that it wouldn't hurt to get yet another opinion. And since, now they have expressed the desire to "meet with me", it would be plain rude to refuse :)

I also met with Oncologist #1 (the oncologist who has a great medical sense of humor and poor drawing skills). I told him that I felt more comfortable in the care of oncologist #2, as I felt that I could be more open with a female physician for GYN issues. He said that there would be no problem, that it was a great choice and a very good doctor. He asked me to stay in touch, he welcome me back to his practice at any time (even if it is just monitoring after surgery/treatment) and said that he would be glad to remain in copy of any new development and share his opinion wwith other physicians. So nice! He told me that I was a "good patient", which I thought you'd be pleased to hear.

I also had to call my regular OB/GYN doc's office to give them the fax number of the city Cancer Center so they can fax my info over.

Other than that, I got my last shot this morning. I am going to miss those injections. I was getting really good at it. The cats were extremely curious of this new apparatus and both used to sit right in front of me, looking suspiciously as the "pointy end". Tonight, first antibiotics pill. No dairy products, no alcohol and no sun exposure.

Fresh from the REI clinic:
"Fertility Preservation

Embryo freezing, egg freezing and ovarian tissue freezing are fertility options being offered the patients undergoing cancer therapy. In the face of a disease like cancer, it is easy to lose the will to fight, especially when realizing that the hope of having children might not be possible."

My fertility doctor always has a smile on her face! It's so nice! And the nurses at the clinic are awesome. I think that they do most of the work. I see the doctors for about 5 min and interact with the nurses for everything else.

Oh and to end on a good note. I have now told all my friends but family friends (because they could tell my family, and I want to break the news myself, like a big girl). I thought that it would be very difficult to do this but not at all! Quite the opposite! I feel much better now! And everyone is so supportive! I feel so lucky and thankful to have so many GREAT friends!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home